Not in our BIA catchment area? How Do I Become An Associate Member?
Businesses operating outside of the BIA commercial core can apply to join the Bronte BIA as an Associate Member at a reasonable rate for annual membership.
Here is what you need to know to sign up and start promoting your business amongst the 200+ businesses of the Bronte BIA.
Definition of an Associate Member
- An associate member of the Bronte Village BIA is professional individual, business, property owner or non-profit organization whose office or business is not located within the current BIA catchment area, nor in an area adjacent to any other Business Improvement Area. Fees are set by the Board.
Associate Membership Rights and Responsibilities
- Attend BIA Member Functions
- Business listing on Bronte BIA website and link to own website
- Participation in festivals/special events (subject to terms and conditions and to the approval of the Bronte BIA Board of Directors)
- Participation on BIA committees
- Associate members may not use the Bronte Village BIA logo without the express permission of the Board of Directors
- May not vote at the Annual General Meeting
Benefits of Membership
- Listing on www.brontevillage.net website directory by name and category of business. A listing on our high-traffic website promotes your business among 200 other Bronte BIA businesses.
Social Media Promotion
- Welcome to Bronte BIA posts and sharing your promotional posts through the BIA’s facebook and twitter with over 5,000 followers on each.
- Attend and network at Bronte BIA social events. Meet new people and exchange helpful business hints or simply relax and catch up on what's going on in Bronte (southwest Oakville). We encourage new businesses to host member networking functions so that the community may familiarize themselves with their new business neighbours.
Bronte BIA E-Newsletter
- Introduction as a new BIA member in BIA e-newsletter to BIA membership database.
- Receive ten newsletters per year which will keep you informed of issues that relate to Bronte and opportunities.
- Participation in events where available and appropriate.
- Participation on Committees where possible. Engage with local business owners on BIA matters of importance. Committees: Events, communications, marketing, governance. Have input events, advocacy and a voice in local affairs as a non-voting member of the Bronte BIA.
- Input into events, advocacy, heritage/urban design guidelines, promotions and advertising.
- Other issues relating to the economic development of our business community such as strategic planning, parking, etc.
- More than one business listing will be permitted within once commercial space eg. wellness clinic with several practitioners all requiring a listing.