Stay at Home for At Home
Calling All Painter Groups
At Home in Bronte public art exhibit is on hold; hopefully it will return to Bronte Village sometime in 2020.
The Bronte BIA has put the call for invitations for groups on pause due to COVID-19. When the world returns to normal and we can gather in groups again, we’ll invite groups of all skill levels to get involved and paint a chair that celebrates Bronte and Oakville!
A reminder: this interactive outdoor art show features 50+ uniquely designed Muskoka chairs painted by Bronte businesses, artists, families, and organizations. These colourful masterpieces are placed on the Bronte boardwalk, in Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park and on the pier for the enjoyment of residents and visitors.
What You Can Do Now:
- Stay home.
- Brainstorm with a group of co-workers, family members, friends or local community groups virtually and decide if you’d like to apply to paint a chair.
- Download the application. Get creative.
- You can submit it any time; there’s no deadline right now.
- When and if the program is re-activated, we’ll be sending out a formal email invitation to past participants and those that have submitted an application in 2020. A new deadline date will be communicated.
- When and if it’s safe to get together and paint your chair, we’ll distribute the chair to you.
Painting pointers for your application:
- Chairs remain the property of the Bronte Village BIA during the course of the program.
- Chair designs may not contain offensive, obscene, profane, indecent or otherwise controversial content.
- Chair designs may not promote, encourage, or incite violence.
- Company logos to appear on the chair may not exceed a maximum design size of 4 inches by 4 inches. A maximum of two corporate logos may appear on the chair.
- Designs containing religious or political references, symbols, etc., will not be approved.
- The Bronte Village BIA reserves the right to determine and select all chair painters, and determine after completion whether any chair is inappropriate for display as part of the project.
- Changes/additions to the structural design of the chair are not permitted. Materials other than paint cannot be applied/affixed to the chair.
* A Paint-at-Home Kit containing one unbuilt Muskoka chair, and assembly and painting instructions will be available when it’s safe to distribute the chairs and you pick yours up. Groups eventually approved for this project must obtain their own necessary paint and painting materials, and must return their painted chair to Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park for installation on a specific date.
Questions? Send them to: email@example.com
Location: Bronte Village, Heritage Park Gazebo, Oakville