Calling All Painter Groups
At Home in Bronte public art exhibit returns to Bronte Village for 2020.
The Bronte BIA is inviting groups of all skill levels to get involved and paint a chair that celebrates Bronte and Oakville this summer!
The interactive outdoor art show features 50+ uniquely designed Muskoka chairs painted by Bronte businesses, artists, families, and organizations. These colourful masterpieces are placed on the Bronte boardwalk, in Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park and on the pier for the enjoyment of residents and visitors.
How it works:
- Brainstorm with a group of co-workers, family members, friends or local community groups and decide to apply to paint a chair.
- Complete and submit an application by Friday, April 24 @ 4 p.m.
- Selected chair designers will be notified by email the week of May 4.
- Paint your chair!*
- Attend Oakville’s Canada Day celebration in Bronte on July 1 to see your chair on display!
- Chairs remain the property of the Bronte Village BIA until after Thanksgiving weekend.
- Chair designs may not contain offensive, obscene, profane, indecent or otherwise controversial content.
- Chair designs may not promote, encourage, or incite violence.
- Company logos to appear on the chair may not exceed a maximum design size of 4 inches by 4 inches. A maximum of two corporate logos may appear on the chair.
- Designs containing religious or political references, symbols, etc., will not be approved.
- The Bronte Village BIA reserves the right to determine and select all chair painters, and determine after completion whether any chair is inappropriate for display as part of the project.
- Changes/additions to the structural design of the chair are not permitted. Materials other than paint cannot be applied/affixed to the chair.
* A Paint-at-Home Kit containing one unbuilt Muskoka chair, and assembly and painting instructions will be available for pick-up in late May. Groups approved for this project must obtain their own necessary paint and painting materials, and must return their painted chair to Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park for installation on a specific date in mid-June.
Questions? Send them to: email@example.com
Location: Bronte Village, Heritage Park Gazebo, Oakville