No member of the public may enter or stay in/on a business unless they’re wearing a mask or face covering as a result of Halton Region passing By-law 47-20. There are exceptions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
All owners/operators of businesses open to the public should do the following:
- Develop a policy to ensure members of the public wear a mask or face when they enter and stay within all enclosed spaces of your business;
- Upon request, provide a copy of your policy for inspection by any person authorized to enforce this bylaw;
- Post signage, visible at all entrances of the business, reminding people to wear a mask or face covering;
- Train all staff about the policy and the bylaw; and
- Encourage kindness and compassion in your business’s approach to fellow community members who may not be wearing a mask.