Oakville’s Canada Day 2016
Friday, July 1st, 2016
Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park, Oakville ON.
11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.click map to enlarge
Join us for this FREE all-day family festival celebrating how proud we are to be Canadian!
Sponsors: Oakville’s Canada Day is presented by Lexus of Oakville and the over 200 business merchants of the Bronte Village Business Improvement Area with support from its sponsors: Government of Canada – Celebrate Canada Funding, The Town Of Oakville, Cogeco, Mattamy Homes, Tee Zone Driving Range and Willson International.
Click The Below Tabs For More Information
How to get to the event?
Ride the Shuttle Bus from the BurloakRioCAN Centre or ride your bike and leave it at the Bike Corral on site!
Full event listing and entertainment schedule brontevillage.net/canada-day
Driving Directions to Oakville’s Canada Day
From East or West: Take Queen Elizabeth Highway to Oakville exit Highway 25 South/Bronte Rd. south to Lakeshore Rd. W. Bronte Rd. is CLOSED from Marine Drive South for the event, and CLOSED at Lakeshore beginning at 4pm. The event takes place on Bronte Rd. south of Marine Dr. and in Heritage Waterfront Park at the foot of Bronte Rd. and Ontario Street.
The Canada Day Shuttle Bus will be running again this year from 10:30am to 11:00pm from the BurloakRioCAN Centre to Bronte Village (Pick up and drop off at BurloakRioCAN is near Home Outfitters).
*The last shuttle bus departing BurloakRioCAN for the evenings fireworks will be at 9:15pm
*Town of Oakville Transit will be operating on a holiday schedule. Please check schedule for full details.
This year, Oakville’s Canada Day welcomes the support of the Oakville Knights of Columbus #3881 for their offer of assistance in moving our guests safely on and off our shuttle busses.
Ride Your Bicycle
Want to take advantage of the summer weather? Ride your bike to the event, where there will be special event bike corrals provided by Willson International.
*This year’s bike corral is unguarded, please bring a secure lock to the event and use at your own risk*
Special Event Road Closures In Effect
- Bronte Road will be closed all day south of Lakeshore Road W
- local traffic only with a valid parking pass will be accepted
- Jones Street and Nelson Street closed from Marine Drive to Ontario Street
- Expect Lakeshore Road to be closed in the evening from Great Lakes Blvd to Third Line.
- To see all road closures, please check www.oakville.ca
- No access to the Pier in Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park after 5pm
- These measures are in place for public safety given the large number of people attending this Oakville wide event
For more information please contact Bob DeHoog Road Corridor/Permit Coordinator Town of Oakville. 905-845-6601 ext.3337 www.oakville.ca
Cogeco Community Stage
Centriller Square Stage
Option 1: Custom Sponsorship
To inquire about creating a custom sponsorship program for Oakville’s Canada Day 2016, please contact:
Bronte Village BIA
Option 2: Become a Friend of Canada Day (Only 10 Packages Available)
- Two VIP passes to the Friends of Canada Day Hospitality Area
- Preferred Seating for two persons (7pm – fireworks)
- Complimentary food and beverage (2 tickets pp.)
- First right of refusal for future years
- Marketing Exposure on BIA website, Facebook and Twitter