Oakville’s Canada Day 2016
Friday, July 1st, 2016
Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park, Oakville ON.
11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.click map to enlarge
Join us for this FREE all-day family festival celebrating how proud we are to be Canadian!
Sponsors: Oakville’s Canada Day is presented by Lexus of Oakville and the over 200 business merchants of the Bronte Village Business Improvement Area with support from its sponsors: Government of Canada – Celebrate Canada Funding, The Town Of Oakville, Cogeco, Mattamy Homes, Tee Zone Driving Range, Willson International and 102.9 K-Lite.
Click The Below Tabs For More Information
Driving Directions to Oakville’s Canada Day
From East or West: Take Queen Elizabeth Highway to Oakville exit Highway 25 South/Bronte Rd. south to Lakeshore Rd. W. The event takes place on Bronte Rd. south of Marine Dr. and in Heritage Waterfront Park at the foot of Bronte Rd. and Ontario Street.
Special Event Road Closures In Effect ALL DAY, Friday, July 1.
- Bronte Road will be closed all day south of Lakeshore Road (local traffic only with a valid access pass will be accepted)
- Jones Street and Nelson Street closed from Marine Drive to Ontario Street at 8pm
- Expect Lakeshore Road to be closed in the evening from Mississauga Street to Third Line.
The Canada Day Shuttle (School Bus) will be running again this year from the BurloakRioCAN Centre to Bronte Village (Pick up and drop off at BurloakRioCAN is near Home Outfitters).
LOCATION: Rio Can Centre – Burloak Dr. and Wyecroft (east of Burloak Dr.) just south of QEW. Parking is free courtesy of RioCan.
BOARD BUS: In front of Home Outfitters
- First bus will depart RioCAN for Bronte at 10:30am
- Last bus will depart RioCAN at 9:00pm to make it into Bronte for the Fireworks
- Last bus will depart Bronte for RioCAN around 11:00pm (once crowds have cleared)
- Bus unloads passengers in Bronte at Walton Church.
- Last bus will depart Bronte for RioCAN approximately 11:00pm (once crowds have cleared)
*Town of Oakville Transit will be operating on a holiday schedule. Please check schedule for full details.
Ride Your Bicycle
Want to take advantage of the summer weather? Ride your bike to the event and park it in our bike corral provided by Willson International.
*This year’s bike corral is unguarded, please bring a secure lock to the event and use at your own risk*
- No access to the Pier in Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park after 5pm
- These measures are in place for public safety given the large number of people attending this Oakville wide event
- West Pier at Bronte Beach Park CLOSED after 4pm
Emergency Services will be onsite during the event (St. John Ambulance, Oakville Fire and Halton Regional Police)
Handicap Parking is available and marked on Ontario Street (8 spots)
*Please note there will be no parking permitted south of Lakeshore in the Event Zone. Violators will be towed.
For more information please contact Bob DeHoog Road Corridor/Permit Coordinator Town of Oakville. 905-845-6601 ext.3337 www.oakville.ca
MAIN STAGE (in Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park)
11:15-11:30 AM Welcome
11:30-12:00 PM Children’s Performer (Aladdin Show)
12:00-1:30 PM DJ Michael Williams
1:30-2:00PM Children’s Performer (Aladdin Show)
2:00-3:15PM DJ Michael Williams
3:15-3:45 PM Presentation (dignitaries)
3:45-7:00 PM DJ Michael Williams
7:30-8:30 PM Guess Who Tribute – No Sugar Tonight
9:00-10:00 PM Supertramp Tribute – Dreamer
10:00-10:15 PM Presentations (Video/Countdown)
10:15-10:30 PM Fireworks and simulcast on 102.9 K-Lite
10:30-10:50 PM Supertramp Tribute – Dreamer (Encore)
12:00-12:25 PM Welcome/D-Fex
12:30-12:55 PM Art House
1:00-1:25 PM Oakville Tai chi
1:30-1:55 PM D-Fex
2:00-2:25 PM BellyUp
2:30-2:55 PM Rock This Way
3:00-3:15 PM D-Fex
3:15-3:45 PM Presentation (dignitaries) – MAIN STAGE
3:45-3:55 PM D-Fex
4:00-4:25 PM Capitol Behaviour
4:30-4:55 PM Oakville Chinese Network
5:00-5:25 PM D-Fex
Option 1: Custom Sponsorship
To inquire about creating a custom sponsorship program for Oakville’s Canada Day 2016, please contact:
Bronte Village BIA
Option 2: Become a Friend of Canada Day (Only 10 Packages Available)
- Two VIP passes to the Friends of Canada Day Hospitality Area
- Preferred Seating for two persons (7pm – fireworks)
- Complimentary food and beverage (2 tickets pp.)
- First right of refusal for future years
- Marketing Exposure on BIA website, Facebook and Twitter