Oakville’s Canada Day
Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park, Oakville ON.
Tuesday, July 1st, 2014
11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.click map to enlarge
Join us for this FREE all-day family festival celebrating how proud we are to be Canadian!
This annual Oakville tradition welcomes upwards of 50,000 people celebrating by end of day in Bronte’s gorgeous Heritage Waterfront Park.
Sponsors: Oakville’s Canada Day is presented by the over 200 business merchants of the Bronte Village Business Improvement Area, with support from Heritage Canada, Amica Mature Lifestyles, the Town of Oakville, Cogeco, Fernbrook Homes, Lexus of Oakville, Willson International, TeeZone Oakville, Tim Hortons, and 95.3 Fresh FM.
Activities will Include:
- Niagara Inflatables bouncies and fun for kids
- K-Tel Mini Pop Kids performance
- Canada Day themed Monster Mural courtesy of RBC
- Musical performances all day on two stages
- Bronte Harbour Stage: 11:30 a.m. until the big bang!
- Cogeco Community Stage: 12:00-6:00 p.m. (featuring local talent and community performances)
- Beer and Food Garden
- Bronte Road Food Court featuring local restaurants and food vendors
- Vendor Village featuring the work of local artisans and products from Bronte Merchants
- Many other surprises…
But Make sure not to miss the Main Event… The Big Bang!
- Fireworks and Live Simulcast on 95.3 Fresh FM! There will be a spectacular fireworks display at dusk off Bronte pier. Be sure to tune into 95.3 Fresh FM for the full fireworks experience, as our fireworks will be set off to an amazing music remix!
- Schedule of Events
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Activities for Kids
- Volunteer Opportunities
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO OAKVILLE’S CANADA DAY
From East or West: Take Queen Elizabeth Highway to Oakville exit Highway 25 South/Bronte Rd. south to Lakeshore Rd. W. Bronte Rd. is CLOSED from Marine Drive South for the event, and CLOSED at Lakeshore beginning at 4pm. The event takes place on Bronte Rd. south of Marine Dr. and in Heritage Waterfront Park at the foot of Bronte Rd. and Ontario Street.
FREE SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE
The FREE Canada Day Shuttle Bus will be running again this year from 11:00am to 12:00 midnight from the Burloak RioCAN Centre to Bronte Village (Pick up and drop off at Burloak RioCAN is near Home Outfitters).
*The last shuttle bus departing RioCan will be at 9:15pm
*Town of Oakville Transit will be operating on a holiday schedule. Please check schedule for full details.
RIDE YOUR BICYCLE
Want to take advantage of the summer weather? Ride your bike to the event and lock it up in the FREE Bike Corral, sponsored by Willson International.
SPECIAL EVENT ROAD CLOSURES ARE IN EFFECT
- Bronte Rd. will be CLOSED from 6AM to 11:30PM south of Marine Drive to Ontario St.
- Bronte Rd. will be CLOSED at 4:00pm at Lakeshore Rd. W.
- access to Bronte Rd. will be granted only to residents with designated parking passes
- If you are expecting visitors, please tell them to arrive and park before 4pm in your visitor spots or at a legal parking space
- Alternatively, they may park at the RioCan Centre at Wyecroft Rd. and Burloak and take the FREE SHUTTLE BUS to and from Bronte Village
- Nelson, Jones and East streets will be closed south of Marine Drive from 6:00am until 11:00pm (local access permitted)
To see all road closures, please check www.oakville.ca
11:15 – 11:45am
12:15 – 12:45pm
1:15 – 2:15
3:15 – 4:00pm
4:15 – 5:15pm
6:00 – 7:00pm
7:30 – 8:30pm
9:00 – 9:50pm
10:15pm – 11:00pm
The Big Bang: Fireworks
12:00 – 12:30pm
12:30 – 12:50pm
1:00 – 1:30pm
1:30 – 1:50pm
2:00 – 2:30pm
2:45 – 3:15pm
3:15 – 4:00pm
3:45 – 4:15pm
4:15 – 4:45pm
4:45 – 5:15pm
Interested in Being a Sponsor for Anual Bronte Canada Day Festival?
Please contact Ann Sargent, Executive Director of the Bronte BIA at;firstname.lastname@example.org 905.825.3258
Interested in Participating as a Vendor at the Bronte Canada Day Festival?
For more information on being a vendor, please contact Dylan of Infinity Communications at;email@example.com 905.257.5555
Thank You to Our Sponsors
K-Tel’s Mini Pop Kids Performance
Come down to our main stage starting at 11:15am to listen to the K-Tel Mini Pop Kids perform some of today’s biggest pop, rock, and r&b hits!
Pay and Play
Niagara Inflatables will be on-site again this year with their wide selection of inflatable activities for children of all ages! Tickets for the inflatables can be purchased at the event from the Niagara Inflatables booth.
Canadian Olympic Athlete Meet & Greet
Come to the Visitor Welcome Centre, located in the Gazebo in the centre of Bronte Heritage Waterfront park to meet 3 Canadian Olympic Athletes. Between 1:30 and 2:30pm the Athletes will be having a photograph and signing session where your children can come and meet the athletes, get an autograph, and have their picture taken with them.
Food & Snacks
Many unique and child friendly food vendors accompany us at Canada Day. With everything from ice cream trucks, to popcorn and cotton candy vendors, to Beaver Tails!
FREE RBC Moster Mural
Don’t forget to visit the Royal Bank of Canada’s Oakville Canada Day Monster Mural! Children can join in for FREE and add their own artistic touch to this jumbo sized mural. Make sure to pop back at the end of the day and see the results of everyone’s contributions!
Interested in Being a Volunteer?
Volunteers are urged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A great opportunity to help your town and receive community service hours!!