Oakville’s Canada Day – Celebrating Canada’s 150th Anniversary
Saturday, July 1st, 2017
Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park, Oakville ON.
11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
NEW this year, join us at 10am – 4pm.
NEW LOCATION, IN FRONT of Compass Restaurant.
Featuring over 50 unique vendors.
Catch Hospitality Beer and Burger Garden
Located just inside the park. Food vendors can also be found on Bronte Rd.
At Home in Bronte chair display
Located throughout the park and painted by many Oakville families and businesses. More than 60 uniquely designed Muskoka chairs, painted by Oakville artists, families, organizations and businesses will be placed throughout Bronte Heritage Park and Bronte Pier for the enjoyment of all visitors. Each chair celebrates the national pride, historic achievements and cultural diversity of Oakville, Ontario and Canada on the 150th Anniversary.
Download the Bronte BIA App (for Apple and Android) and take the Bronte Heritage Trail. What better day to learn about the unique history of Bronte? Don’t forget to visit us in our booth to speak to our ambassadors and also get Bronte Heritage Trail Swag.
Fireworks at 10:00pm.
If you are in the park – sit back and relax to this year’s fireworks music mix.
Can’t make it in, but can see the show from where you are celebrating? Don’t forget to tune into 102.9 K-Lite to listen to this year’s fireworks mix!
NEW this year – we’ve added a third stage for entertainment in the park, full schedules can be found below.
MAIN STAGE (in Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park)
1:30 -2:30PM: High Rendition Jazz Band
3:00-3:45PM: Opening Ceremonies (dignitaries)
4:15-5:15PM: The Liverpool 4
5:45-6:45PM: The Danny Marks Band
7:15-8:15PM: Too Nice
8:45-9:50PM: True Patriot Love (Sheridan College)
10:00-10:15PM: Fireworks and simulcast on 102.9 K-lite
10:25-10:45PM: True Patriot Love (Sheridan College) – Encore
*Hosted by the Oakville Performing Arts Centre and InfinityComm
COGECO COMMUNITY STAGE (on Bronte Rd)
12:00 – 12:45PM: Welcome/D-Fex
1:00 -1:30PM: Morningstar Taekwon-Do
1:45 – 2:15PM: Keepin Time
2:30 – 3:00PM: D-Fex/Celeste Ireland
4:00 – 4:30PM Capitol Behaviour
4:45 – 5:15PM Steady Revival
5:30 – 6:00PM: Rock This Way
6:15 – 7:00PM: D-Fex/Closing Comments
*Hosted by D-Fex
NEW! CANADA 150 PAVILION STAGE (in Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park – by the Pier)
11:00 – 11:30AM: Toopy & Binoo presented by RBC Insurance Oakville
11:45 – 12:00PM: Time Capsule Opening
1:00 – 1:30PM: Toopy & Binoo presented by RBC Insurance Oakville
2:30 – 3:00PM: BellyUp BellyDance
3:45 – 4:15PM: Oakville Suzuki Association
5:15 – 5:45PM: ArtHouse
6:45 – 7:15PM: Canadian Caribbean Association of Halton
*Hosted by Arthouse
Special Event Road Closures In Effect
ALL DAY CLOSURE
- No access to Bronte Rd. south of Lakeshore Rd.
*(Local traffic only with a valid parking pass will be accepted)
- Marine Dr. will also be closed Jones St. to Bronte Rd.
Evening Closures (beginning at 8pm)
- NEW: Bronte Rd. closed south of Rebecca St. to Lakeshore Rd.
- Jones St. and Nelson St. closed from Marine Dr. to Ontario St.
- Lakeshore Rd. from Mississauga St. to Third Ln.
- West River St closed
- All side streets parallel to Lakeshore Rd. will be closed from Bronte Rd. to Jones St. There will be no access to Bronte Road from:
- Hixon Street
- Belyea Street
- Sovereign Street
- There will be partial closures set up for these streets at Jones St. to permit local access only. No parking will be permitted on both sides of the above roads.
*Parking restrictions as indicated will be enforced. There will be no parking permitted south of Lakeshore in the Event Zone. Violators will be towed.
Think green, wear red and ride the Oakville Transit bus from the Bronte Go to the event. NEW!
- Regular fare on the way in, ride FREE on your way home.
- Pick-up: Bronte GO Station – Wyecroft Road
- Drop-off: Bronte Cenotaph – Lakeshore Road , west of Bronte Road
- Shuttle will leave approximately every 6 minutes starting at 10:50 a.m.
- For details, visit oakvilletransit.ca.
Oakville Transit Schedule (July 1st)
- For details, visit oakvilletransit.ca.
Oakville Transit care-A-van Pickup is located at the corner of Jones St. and Ontario St.
For details, visit oakvilletransit.ca.
Handicap Parking is available and marked on Ontario St.
*Please note there will be no parking permitted south of Lakeshore in the Event Zone. Violators will be towed.
For more information (on parking/closures) please contact Bob DeHoog Road Corridor/Permit Coordinator Town of Oakville. 905-845-6601 ext.3337 www.oakville.ca
Ride Your Bicycle
Want to take advantage of the summer weather? Ride your bike to the event and park it in our bike corral provided by Cornwall Wealth Management.
*This year’s bike corral is unguarded, please bring a secure lock to the event and use at your own risk.
- West Pier at Bronte Beach Park will be CLOSED all day due to flood conditions.
- East Pier in Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park will be CLOSED after 5pm; or in response to unsafe water levels.
- Please note: These measures are in place for public safety given the large number of people attending this Oakville wide event. Due to the high water levels in Lake Ontario and weather conditions, for public safety the piers may be closed all day. Fencing and signage along the piers will mark this closure.
Emergency Services will be onsite during the event
St. John Ambulance – Not feeling 100%? Visit our friends at St. John Ambulance – stationed in their red tent – located in the park near the permanent Gazebo structure inside the park.
Oakville’s Canada Day is a community-driven event, and owes much of its success to its highly dedicated volunteers. If you or anyone you know would be interested in volunteering at Oakville’s Canada Day, please fill out the linked form below and email back to Cathie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can you get involved?
Don’t miss the unique opportunity to connect with the community and promote your business!
To inquire about sponsorship opportunities for Oakville’s Canada Day please contact:
Canada Day Project Manager – InfinityComm