Be part of the #AtHomeinBronte public art exhibit
IT’S FREE TO PARTICIPATE!
Paint your Oakville pride onto a Muskoka chair as part of the At Home in Bronte, Perspectives & Reflections public art initiative coming to Bronte Village this summer! The Bronte BIA is delighted to have received an Ontario150 grant to produce At Home in Bronte — a creative interactive public art and place-making enhancement to Oakville’s Canada Day July 1st celebration.
This project will harness community creativity to tell the story of both Canada and Ontario’s history in Oakville through the design and installation of 60 individually painted Muskoka chairs in Bronte Village, Oakville for the summer of 2017.
How to get involved
- Brainstorm with a group of co-workers, family members, friends or local community group and decide to apply to paint a chair.
- Complete and submit the application (due: Thursday, April 27 @ 4 p.m.)
- Selected chair designers will be notified by email the week of May 1.
- Paint your chair by attending a scheduled Paint Day or arrange to Paint-at-Home.
- Attend Oakville’s Canada Day celebration in Bronte on July 1 to see your chair on display!
During Ontario’s 150th anniversary, we want to embrace the culture of inclusion, innovation, and opportunity that uniquely defines Ontario.
Application deadline: 4 pm Thursday, April 27, 2017
Download the application here!
Please note there is no fee to participate in the At Home in Bronte public art exhibit.